Parent Teacher Conference

Dyson Koehler, Author

Parent Teacher Conference
On February 13th, and 14th we held Parent Teacher Conferences in the Beet-garden.There was a lot of students that attended Parent Teacher, There is a wide range of emotion for students around parent teacher conferences. Freshman Corey Pesceone expressed those emotions,  about the pressure of Parent Teacher “You try and make your grades as good as possible so that you don’t get in trouble.” His friend Grayson Best had his input about working harder before it comes “Not really because I try my hardest through the whole entire year.”

They gave a story about their worst experiences with Parent Teacher “They both came up to a conclusion by saying having a lot of missing assessments and being disruptive in a class by talking to friends. They did say that they enjoy Parent Teacher Conferences because it kinda is like a wake-up call if they are slacking whether it’s bad grades or missing assessments. They said that they still wouldn’t change anything bad they did because ” It taught me to be accountable for my actions and it has made me a better worker, person, and friend.”

I talked to a teacher about the Conference “It’s one of the busiest weeks of the school year because I have to get all the grades in and the students come in after or before school to fix the work or turning in missing assessments, but it shows me the kids that actually care and are concerned with their grades.” He also wanted to include that it’s important for teachers and parents to talk face to face to get a better understanding that is going on during class good and bad.