Coach Kaleokalani Has Arrived

Pharoah Davis, Contributor

In the recent absence of Eric Kjar, a new figure appears. Coach Kaleo Terriipaia (Ka-Lei-O Ter-E-Pie-A) or coach K has taken on the challenge of being the new head coach for the Jordan Beetdiggers.

Coach K has said, “being a new head coach, with this new team some of the challenges is just the communication with the team, so the communication is the biggest challenge but it’s gotten better.”

When asked about the goal he has set for the team, coach K announced “The biggest goal is to win state this year, I think we got an offense that Kjar has set up nicely, I’m planning on bringing the defense success here, so hopefully it will even out for a more balanced team to be successful and win state.”

Junior standout Beau Mcrae shared his worries, “my worries are that kids won’t be able to transition from Kjar to coach K.” His advice to those kids is to “trust in the process, trust in your coaches, and trust in your teammates. I like coach K a lot, he’s very organized and he’s huge on discipline, I think he’s going to offer a lot of things for us this year.”

Junior, Griffin Etulain who was a major asset to the offensive line this past season says “I’m looking forward to having a new group of guys, and seeing what we can do with the new coaching staff. I really like coach K, he brings a lot to the table and I feel like he’s really going to change things around for us this year.”

Coach K is all about character when asked about the student-athlete, “I’m looking forward to helping each and every one of the student-athletes progress, and progress I don’t mean just on the football field, in the classroom, physically, mentally, and all the above. I don’t judge a kid for what they do on the football field, I judge them on everything around the field.”

Coach Kaleo Terriipaia is the new head coach for the 2017-18  football season and has goals to change faults in the program for the better.